If the Mac Print App encounters problems, try to submit a crash report by selecting the wepa mac print app icon in the top right toolbar then the cog icon following by ‘Submit Crash Report‘.
If ‘Submit Crash Report’ is grayed out and not available. Follow the below instructions to manually retrieve the Installation log, Application log, and Database file:
- Note: <Username> above indicates the username that is logged into on the Mac computer.
1. Select Command and Space bar to open the Spotlight search field.
2. Enter /var/log/ and select the install.log file to open the Installation log. Share by sending by Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Enter /Users/<Username>/Library/Application Support/WEPA/ and select the Wepa.log file to open the Application log. Share by sending by Mail to email@example.com.
4. Enter /Users/<Username>/Library/Application Support/ and find the FileTracking.sqlite file for the Database file. Share by right clicking file then Share and select Mail. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
These three files will assist us troubleshooting the issues the Mac Print App is encountering.
wepa institutional customers can deploy the wepa Print App for Mac to multiple public computers using the process below.
Latest Version 2018.3.3
General information about the wepa Print App for Mac can be found here.
TO INSTALL THE APPLICATION WITH OPTIONS
Install the application on one machine. Allow it to launch, and then select all of the desired configuration options.
- Make of copy of the configuration file: /Applications/WEPA-PrintApp.app/Contents/Resources/wepaPreference.plist
- Rename the copy to com.wepa.preference.plist and place the plist file in the system library folder of target machine – /Library/Preferences.
- Open the terminal and run the following command for silent installation (make sure you include the final forward slash):
sudo installer -store -pkg /<somelocation>/wepa_Print_App.pkg -target /
- The installation log can be found at /var/log/install.log
TO INSTALL WITH THE LARGE FORMAT PRINTER OPTION
There is a second package available that installs the application with only the large format printer (for legal/tabloid printing – large format printing is not available in all locations).
- Click here to download the package for large format printing.
- If you wish to have only the large format printer available, follow the steps above but use the large format package for the installer command.
- If you wish to have all printers available, follow the steps above to install the regular package with options. Then, run the installer command with the large format package.
Multiple methods are available to print at a wēpa print station. The following post provides information on the different methods of uploading and/or printing documents:
- Print App: Windows / Mac
- Web Upload
- Cloud Storage
- Mobile App: Android / iOS
Windows Print App, Mac Print App, and Mobile Print App have an option to submit a crash report if uploading a document encounters problems. The following post shows how to submit a crash report for wēpa support to review for troubleshooting:
- The Mac Print App is the most flexible way to print from a Mac.
- Print from any software by choosing File>Print and selecting a wēpa printer.
- If you want to deploy this to multiple public computers, click here.
Quick Start: Download this and run it.
See below for information on the following topics:
- Website Download
- Lab / Public Options
- How to Print
- Guest Printing
- Setting Default Printer
Upload documents easily using the Windows Print App or Mac Print App by opening document in default software, click File>Print, select wēpa printer, then Print. The following post shows how to upload documents using the Windows Print App and Mac Print App:
For OS X 10.9 Mavericks and below Mac users, the Version 5 Mac Print App will need to be installed. Java 6 is a requirement.
Check the following post if Mac Print App is not working after install:
Use the following instructions to disable/set Gatekeeper to download the Mac Print App:
Printing a webpage using the wēpa Print App has sporadically caused blank pages to print. It is recommend to save the webpage as a PDF document to computer, then proceed to upload to avoid the blank pages issue. The following post shows how to save a webpage as a PDF document on the Google Chrome, Android Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox browsers: